|Botanical Name :||Curcuma Longa|
|Family Name :||Zingiberaceae|
|Parts Used :||Rhizome, Tubers|
|Usage Profile :||Foods, medicines and cosmetics|
|Commercial part :||Rhizome or underground stem|
|Harvesting Season :||December to March|
|Flavour Characteristics :||Musky Flavour, slightly bitter and fragrant|
Turmeric Fingers/ Roots:
|Product details||Turmeric Finger|
Broken pieces, (fingers< 5 %
|Foreign matter||< 1 %|
|Defectives||< 3 %|
|Percentage of bulbs by weight||< 4 %|
|Starch content, max, w/w||60%|
|Curcumin content||4 – 5 %|
TURMERIC FINGER :
Our Turmeric Finger are :
– 100% pure
– Free from adulteration
– Strong aroma
– Bitter taste
Standard Packaging : 25 Kgs/50 Kgs Paper Craft , Jute and PP Bag
Turmeric is also known as kunyit (Indonesian and Malaysian) or Haldi or Pasupu in some Asian countries. It has a warm, Peppery and Bitter flavor and a mild fragrance slightly reminiscent of orange and ginger.It is one of the paramount spices whichfindsits extensive way in South Asian cuisine. It germinateswild in the forests of South and Southeast Asia.
Indian traditional medicine, has strongly recommended turmeric for disease treatment. In Chinese system of medicine also, it is eminentas an anti-inflammatory agent to treat a wide variety of diseased conditions.
Turmeric is mostly used in savory dishes, but also used in some sweet dishes, such as cake sfouf. Outside South Asia, turmeric is occasionally used as an agent to impart a bountiful, custard-like yellow color. It is used in canned beverages and baked products, dairy products, ice cream, yogurt; yellow cakes, orange juice, biscuits; popcorn color, gelatins, and used commercially in curry powders.
Almost all Iranian fried dishes consist of oil, onions, and turmeric followed by any other ingredients that are to be encompassed.
In Nepal, turmeric is widely grown and extensively used in many vegetable and meat dishes for its color, and is also used for its surmisedmedicinal value.
Turmeric leaves are predominantly used inmany different ways in areas where turmeric is grown locally, since the leaves used are freshly picked. Turmeric leaves impart a distinctive flavor to their regular food.
- Turmeric is believed to have a splendid impacton Alzheimer, prevent cancer, and prune the risk of heart attacks, combat inflammatory diseases, cold and flus.
- A bright yellow color Turmeric is a powerful medicine to treat a wide variety like, bloody urine, hemorrhage, toothache, bruises, flatulence, jaundice, menstrual difficulties chest pain and colic.
- Turmeric may help delay aging and fight age-related chronic diseases.
- Studies show that turmeric has incredible benefits against depression.
- Arthritis patients riposte very well to turmeric supplementation.
- Turmeric can help prevent and Perhaps Even Treat cancer.
- Turmeric dramatically increases the antioxidant capacity of the body.
- Turmeric boosts brain-derived Neurotropic factor, linked to improved brain function and a lower risk of Brain Diseases.
The physical characteristics of turmeric are finger like in shape, and forms the secondary rhizomes of the plant Curcuma longa L.
Typical characteristics include: well set, closely grained, free from bulbs (primarily rhizomes) and ill developed, porous rhizomes. Their shape, length, colour and other characteristics are typical of the variety.
Name Inc Food in Languages
|Spanish :||Curcuma||French :||Curcuma|
|German :||Kurkuma Gelbwurzel||Swedish :||Gurkmeja|
|Italian :||Curcuma||Portuguese :||Acafrao-da-India|
|Russian :||Zholty Imbir||Japanese :||Ukon|